By Kim Nguyen
Director of Marketing, Speakeasy Co
One of the major adjustments coming with the updated privacy rules is the number of events that can be optimized and tracked per domain. If you haven’t verified that domain, you will not be able to select those optimization events for your brand. Without a verified domain, there could be potential data tracking disruptions for your campaigns.
Before we dive into the steps to claim your domain, make sure that you have the following also set up as a baseline for your brand:
- Facebook Business Manager account for the brand
- Facebook Page connected to the Facebook Business Manager
- Facebook Ad Account for the brand
- Facebook Pixel
Steps to Claim Your Domain in Facebook Business Manager
- Navigate to Domains under Brand Safety in your Business Settings in Facebook Business Manager.
- Click 'Add Domain’
- Type in your main domain URL (for example: speakeasyco.com)
- You’ll be directed to a page similar to the screenshot below. Click into the “Meta-tag Verification”
- Add the script provided to the header section of your site. If you do not know how to do this, please work with your website developer to get this verification script in your site's header.
- Once added to the site, navigate back to this page and click “Verify” under the Meta-Tag Verification tab.
- Once verified, we recommend prioritizing the web events for your domain, with Purchase at the highest priority, and View Content as the lowest priority.
- If you are working with an agency to advertise your products, make sure to also share your domain with your agency partners.